2:50 PM

Physical Update

New shirt from Catalina Island, curtesy of EricWhile most of you family members are waiting for me to put up a blog about the space stuff (I assure you, I will; it's going to be very image-intensive), I thought I'd update you with my working out status! (Haha yes Aunt Cyndi, one of these pics was taken at Boca!). ;)


So OMG, there is so much information out there. I started by going back to the gym, and I felt great about that. Then I started reading a lot online and talking with friends and family members who are intense and very knowledgeable, and I found that I was quite the dummy about my body and it's needs. I purchased The New Rules of Lifting for Women and began learning a lot more.


At first, it was completely overwhelming. I was more focused on working the last shuttle flight at the time I began learning more about what I was doing wrong and what I should be doing in the gym and in my eating habits.


I'm still learning. There's so much that I am finding out every day that I don't know. If I'm going to be losing fat and replacing that with muscle (not trying to look like her, her or her, if they can even be called female!!), then I need a higher protein, lower carb and fat diet.


So I went to Nutrition Depot and purchased some protein powder (yummm!!!!), some female vitamins and fish oil supplements (for Omega-3s). But the protein... oh my!! Apparently, I can't digest it very well... and ummm... that trait that Gabe has that everyone loves so much, well I found it in my genes, too.


(Dad: "Son, don't do that in the kitchen while we're eating!"
Gabe: Steps 2 feet back into the living room. Mission accomplished.
Dad: Rolls eyes as we all bust out laughing.)


Man, that was embarrassing!!! Well, I didn't actually have any embarrassing moments, but let's just say it was not pleasant to deal with. So I found this chewable papaya extract tablet that you can take after eating that really helps! (Can anyone guess what I'm getting Gabe for Christmas??) Yep, I'm excited about that right there.


So here are a couple of pics of my new little forming bicep. I'm kinda proud of this thing!


Yay! Progress! Cute!

0 comments: