8:38 AM

IIIMS Award

One of the many fun parts of my job is developing websites. A few years ago, I helped design the TPS Imagery Inspection Management System (TIIMS) for the Space Shuttle Program. This website houses all of the inspection-related analysis of the orbiter's heat shield (Thermal Protection System).


With the closeout of the Space Shuttle Program rapidly approaching, one of my coworkers (Dan Smith) decided we should do something similar for the International Space Station, since our group also performs the same type of assessments of the ISS (potential handrail damage, MMOD strikes, etc.). So led by Rob Scharf (pictured below in the middle, back row), we pulled together a web-based system for the ISS program called ISS Imagery Inspection Management System (IIIMS).


Every quarter, our company has an award ceremony for quarterly awards across the contract. This time, our IIIMS Development Team was the recipient of the Superior Team award. And I'm proudly putting on my pocket protector for this one.


IIIMS Development Team ESCG Quarterly Award
(L-R): Glenn Ellis (SARD Director), Jim Heslin, Dwight Osborne, Dan Labasse (Database Developer), Rob Scharf (ISAG Project Manager), Yours Truly (Web Developer), Joy and Lon (Jacobs).

Yep, I love my job.

0 comments: