8:21 AM

To Be Five Again

As this December creeps up, I'm quite scared of my looming 30th birthday. I have 6 more months to actually be in my 20s, then I'm officially a dinosaur. At least in the eyes of my five-year-old, anyway.


Bearded Celeste

I look at her simple life that she leads, and how anxious she is to grow up and be a big person, and I must say there's a tiny bit of irony. I mean, think about how tough it must be to have to come home, eat a meal that's prepared at your demands, watch "Wonder Pets," drink chocolate milk, play outside with a big fluffy dog that all the other kids are scared of, run around in the sprinklers with your swimsuit on, then take a bath in a magical spaceship filled with your favorite plastic toys (who can transform into anything), and end your evening by falling asleep atop a beautiful princess castle bed that has a slide attached? Whew, she must have it rough. Poor kid.


Hiding from Daddy in the Bathtub...


And who can forget the daily routine of roughhousing, tickling each other and getting smothered in Mommy kisses? What a hard life she leads...


Mommy kisses
Say cheese!

If only I could be five again...

0 comments: