2:58 PM

Little Rock Star in the Making

Today, I've had the luxury of being able to take off from work. After making pancakes and eggs for Daddy and Celeste, Celeste and I began our day by hosting a salesman from All-Tex Exteriors. He gave us a quote on an outdoor patio cover that I'm contemplating putting up. It would be awesome to have some shade on the patio while outside with Celeste and Mikado, or while Eric grills, etc. So far, I've had four quotes (including All-Tex) and they range anywhere from $1,400 - $3,600. Basically, not everyone has the same products, so I have to do some more research before we make up our minds.


After the salesman left, I began doing my yearly chore of going through Celeste's closet and getting rid of the clothes and shoes that she can no longer wear. Why am I always amazed at how much this child has? It's so obvious that she's an only child, and she is so very spoiled. One of the outfits, for example, cost us over $150 last year and she wore it only once, Easter Sunday 2010. Seriously. That's a problem; a ridiculous one.


So while going through her clothes, Celeste decided she was going to dress herself in her favorite things. After moments of utter silence in the house (a heads-up for any mom) I found her in the restroom with a can of hairspray, my hairbrush, some bobby pins, several hair bows and ponytail holders. She quickly told me to get out, and that she was getting ready to "be a Rock Star."


The End Result...
All Ready! The Hair

And then, of course, she told me to sit down and record her giving a "Rock Star Concert." So cute!


Celeste all dressed up for her rock star concert

If you didn't already know, Celeste is quite the imaginative little girl. One of the things that cracked me up was that she turned her toy golf club into a microphone by turning it upside down. Well of course it wouldn't stand on it's own, so she anxiously began trying to be innovative in finding a way to keep her microphone straight and steady during her rock star concert...



Obviously, I can't post all of the songs that she performed today (copyright infringement and such), but here are a few of my favorites. This first one is so cute because she actually mentions going to school in August, and that's something she absolutely cannot stop talking about.



She gets a little more creative with each song she comes up with...until she owns the stage.



Right before this one, I felt her stiff hair (in the front) and was shocked at how much hairspray was in there. Check out what she says when I asked her about it!



Like every rock star, she had to unwind a bit after performing her grueling concert...


Playing video games

If you want an autograph, I'm sure we can work something out. Please contact her manager at 5_GoingOn_17@Rockstar.com for further information.

0 comments: