9:10 AM

Summer Fun

I love how my daughter runs at me, full speed when I open the door to her daycare at the end of each day. She throws her arms around my waist, almost knocking me down with sheer, rapid and intense inertia. Then she quickly grabs her things and proudly displays her craft of the day.


Recently, she's been into both a purple and heart phase. Here she is, proudly displaying her crafts from last week.


Celeste proudly displaying her artworkCeleste proudly displaying her artwork

While there's absolutely no argument that having a child isn't stressful, pain-free and difficult, there are moments that make up for the rest. Here are just a couple from this weekend...


Friday, June 24, 2011:

While Celeste and Eric were watching Phineas & Ferb, I was doing housework and got in between Celeste and the movie. So she quickly shouted, "Mom!!!! Get out of the way!! I wanna see the kissing part!!!"
(Phineas and Ferb's older sister Candice and her crush, Jeremy)
Uh oh.


Saturday, June 25, 2011:

We were out on the jet ski on Clear Lake, going about 10mph with Celeste in the front letting out tons of high-pitched squeals.
"Daddy, go faster!"
Eric speeds up to 11mph.
"Okay! Okay! Okay! That is fast enough, Daddy!"
"Now go chase that big bird with the big beak!"


Mommy and Celeste at Clear Lake
Sunday, June 26, 2011:

Two of her cousins were in the backseat of the car with her.
Celeste: "Guys, at my house, I have this great hiding spot on my bed, under the covers..."
Chelsey: "Celeste, your mom is listening!!"
Celeste: "Guys, you're NOT letting me FINISH!!! So there's this great hiding spot..."


Here are a few photos of my nieces and daughter. We went with my sister-in-law and her four girls to a favorite spot in midtown on Sunday afternoon, Sweet Lola's.


Celeste, Katelyn, Ashlyn and Chelsey
Charity

0 comments: