11:33 PM

More Christmas Prep

This morning, Eric let me sleep in to catch up on my lost sleep from the last few nights. When I woke up around 10:00am, this is what I found in the living room. This is what happens when you leave the men in charge!


Crazy Mess

This evening, we began putting up our lights outside the house. It's going to be one of those 2-day projects, since we're only halfway done. However, instead of putting up the white icicle lights that we've done every year, we went with red C9 bulbs. Still debating on adding the icicles, but I'm thinking we shouldn't. We still need to bring out the snowmen, wreath, red mini lights to stripe the front column like a candy cane, and I need to rework the decoration around the door. But hey, it's a start.


Front
Snowman: Happy HolidaysLighted Medjool Date PalmFront Walkway

After we were too frozen from putting the lights up outside, Eric came in the house and made some fresh homemade hot cocoa. He puts vanilla and almond extract in his recipe, and it's awesome! So we had some of this and I could feel my fingers again!


I added some fresh clippings that I picked up today at Lowe's to some of the decorations in the guest bathroom. Eric went with me to Hobby Lobby and he found these great bells for the bathroom. Yeah, I said he. I never would have thought, "Hmmm, those huge metal looking bells would look great in the bathroom." But they do!






I love this bathroom. The pine cones are scented with cinnamon and the fresh clippings smell amazing. I'm loving it. It's like a cute little rustic haven with precious touches of Celeste's handiwork.


Guest Bathroom

This next photo is of the tired, pleased face of a girl who finally got a few things accomplished this week! And yes, I earned every one of those bags under my eyes. Worked hard for them. ;)


Worn Out

0 comments: