2:48 PM

Ode to Starbucks

You know that time, everyone knows it. It's the time in the afternoon where your metabolism slows to less than a crawl and the only thing keeping you from removing the tape on your eyelids is the boss sitting outside your door or cubicle. It hits us all like a ton of bricks. And most of us have found the solution.


Starbucks

This afternoon found me making a quick trip to the Starbucks across the street from the office to remedy the mid-afternoon hump. While in the drive-thru line, the barista asked how my Halloween went, what costume I wore (as if), and how my daughter enjoyed it.


Then she said it; she sees me just about every day in the drive-thru or in the store. I had to smile. Yes, it's probably an addiction. But hey, ever since they've brought out the Pumpkin Spice Latte this season, I haven't been able to say no!

0 comments: