6:38 PM

Thanksgiving Week

Where in the world do I begin? This week has been absolutely full of interesting days and events.


Sick Baby in the Doctor's OfficeAs I stated in my previous post, Celeste was sent home from daycare on Tuesday due to a high fever. I ended up keeping her at home on Wednesday as well, for the same fever. She had no other symptoms, until late Wednesday afternoon when she told me that her throat hurt when she tried to swallow. So we took her to the UTMB after hours clinic in League City, and found out that she has strep.


Ugh, strep. The night before Thanksgiving. And we had to keep her away from family for 24 hours, so we spent Thanksgiving Day at home, in our pajamas.


It was fun to lounge around all day and look at ads for Black Friday. I'd pulled out the laptop and was planning my day on Friday, with Celeste and Eric helping. The kitchen table was covered in ads.


Black Friday ads

While we were going through the ads, Celeste drew this beautiful picture of a Christmas tree.


Celeste's Christmas TreeCeleste and her Christmas Tree

Black Friday:
I was able to purchase the Toys-R-Us items online Thursday evening, and finally made it to bed around 10:30pm. Three hours later, at 1:30am, I barely rolled out of bed and dragged my drowsy self into the shower to get ready for the annual early morning trek. Roughly an hour later, I pulled into the parking lot at Fry's and text my Aunt Cyndi (who was making her way to Target).


At first, I couldn't find the line. I was surprised that at 2:30am, with the doors opening in just a short two and a half hours, there was no line. Then I saw it. There were tents. Several of them, lining the front right perimeter of Fry's. And I'm not talking about the tiny ones that could only possibly hold one toddler; there were huge, 3-room tents as well. Seriously. Now that's a bit insane.


Tent in front of Fry's

This photo is of one of the tents that didn't pack up. The line moved right past him/her.


Funny thing though is, all of these people camped out overnight, and although I was probably the 150th person in line, I was the absolute very first to check out. And when I exited Fry's, my purchase in tow, the line was still going into the building and I was the recipient of many scared shopper stares as they watched me leaving with a purchase before they'd even entered (bwa-ha-ha).


The day then resumed with a trip to Baybrook Mall (Macy's and some aimless window shopping), then Starbucks, followed by Carter's in Pearland and a meandering trip through the Pearland Town Center.


After a while, I met up with Eric and Celeste and we went out to do some more shopping together. Celeste was feeling much better, was no longer contagious and ready to get out of the house. And I must say, she was adorable.


On Our WayCutie Pie

It was a gorgeous, cold and sunny day. And it was amazing.

0 comments: